WELCOME TO OUR 2019 ONLINE NOMINATION FORM. YOU WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS FOR ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT A NAME FOR EVERY AWARD, HOWEVER, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE NAME PER AWARD. BELOW IS A DESCRIPTION OF EACH AWARD AND THEY WILL ALSO BE LISTED AGAIN WITHIN THE NOMINATION.
Please be as descriptive as possible and feel free to reference the years of service, examples, stories, etc.
Deadline for Nominations is Monday, January 27th
The winners will be announced at Chamber Awards Gala Friday, March 6th, 2020 - Event begins at 5:30 pm
at Kirtland Health Sciences Center
Tickets must be purchased in advanced.
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
1. KIRK WAKEFIELD SERVICE MEMBER OF THE YEAR – NEW AWARD! This award was inspired by the recent recipient of the 2018 Citizen of the Year Award, the late Kirk Wakefield. This award may be given to someone whose contributions and/or commitment of service as Military or First Responders (i.e.: Police Officer, Public Safety, Firefighter, EMS, etc.) has made a positive impact on the Grayling/Crawford County community over the past year. This award recognizes those who continue to put their lives on the line for the safety of others in our
2. CHAMBER MEMBER BUSINESS OF THE YEAR 2019 – Chamber Member Business that exemplifies exceptional customer service, generosity, giving of their time, money, staff and/or facilities for community benefit, or has implemented new construction or renovation projects that serve as an investment or as an enhancement to Crawford County over the course of the past year. To the business that is an example to other businesses in the community, one who supports the Chamber, and who has been a leader in their industry and in the community as a whole. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2019.
3. CHAMBER MEMBER ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR 2019 – A Chamber Member Organization that has exemplified excellence in service work throughout the past year. For showing generosity by giving time, money, staff/volunteers, facilities, among other things for community benefit, setting an example for other organizations in the community, supporting the Chamber, and being a leader in the organization as well as the community. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2019.
4. YOU MADE IT HAPPEN 2019 – Given to a person, business or organization who, through exceptional contributions and/or commitment, positively affected the growth of the Grayling/Crawford County community over the past year by implementing one specific event, service, project or idea (i.e. fundraiser, community event, etc).
5. LONGEVITY AWARD 2019 – To a business that has withstood the test of time, has sincere relationships with their employees and their customers, has helped make an economic impact in Crawford County, and continues to help our community thrive. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2019.
6. CITIZEN OF THE YEAR 2019 – To the person who has given of themselves to make Crawford County a "Great Place to Live!” The Citizen of the Year is one of the highest honors bestowed by the Chamber. The person, who goes above and beyond the call of duty, is always there when someone needs a hand, and who has contributed to make Crawford County a special place. The purpose of the Citizen of the Year Award is to recognize those who contribute and give back to their community. The nominee may be recognized for contributions made during the previous year or over the course of a lifetime. When nominating someone, please consider the following criteria: diversity of activities, length of service, degree of involvement, and the impact to Crawford County.
***Previous Winners from the Last Five Years are not eligible for nomination for 2019 and are listed below***
BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
*Feeny Ford of Grayling*Old AuSable Fly Shop*Jack Millikin Inc * Rolling Oak Brewing Co.*Matt LaFontaine Automotive*
ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR
* Grayling Promotional Association * Crawford County Commission on Aging and Senior Center *
YOU MADE IT HAPPEN
* Jordan Stancil * Rebecca Knepper * Butch Weaver * Viking Pantry * Grayling Youth Booster Club *
*Flowers By Josie*
CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
* Wayne Koppa * Gail Swope * Sheryl Coyne * Chad Patterson * Kirk Wakefield *