2020 Grayling Chamber “Socially Distant” Awards Nomination
WELCOME TO OUR 2020 ONLINE NOMINATION FORM. YOU WILL NOTICE THAT JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE THIS PAST YEAR, OUR EVENT LOOKS A LITTLE DIFFERENT. ALTHOUGH WE ARE UNABLE TO GATHER AND CELEBRATE THESE NOMINEES IN PERSON RIGHT NOW, WE FEEL THE HARD WORK OF THE COMMUNITY, BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS DESERVE NOW MORE THAN EVER TO BE RECOGNIZED FOR WHAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED. BELOW YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS FOR ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT A NAME FOR EVERY AWARD, HOWEVER, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE NAME PER AWARD. BELOW IS A DESCRIPTION OF EACH AWARD (AND THEY WILL ALSO BE LISTED AGAIN WITHIN THE NOMINATION).
Please be as descriptive as possible and feel free to reference the years of service, examples, stories, etc.
Deadline for Nominations is Monday, April 19, 2021
The announcement of winners is still to be determined at this time.
The event may be open to the public or held online with just our Nominees present and available to stream at home. Details will follow as we navigate further guidelines to come for gatherings.
2020 Grayling chamber Awards
1. KIRK WAKEFIELD SERVICE MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2020 – This award was inspired by the 2018 recipient of the Citizen of the Year Award, the late Kirk Wakefield. This award may be given to someone whose contributions and/or commitment of service as Military or First Responders (i.e.: Police Officer, Public Safety, Firefighter, EMS, etc.) has made a positive impact on the Grayling/Crawford County community over the past year. This award recognizes those who continue to put their lives on the line for the safety of others in our community/country.
2. CHAMBER MEMBER BUSINESS OF THE YEAR 2020 – Chamber Member Business that exemplifies exceptional customer service, generosity, giving of their time, money, staff and/or facilities for community benefit, or has implemented new construction or renovation projects that serve as an investment or as an enhancement to Crawford County over the course of the past year. To the business that is an example to other businesses in the community, one who supports the Chamber, and who has been a leader in their industry and in the community as a whole. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2020.
3. CHAMBER MEMBER ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR 2020 – A Chamber Member Organization that has exemplified excellence in service work throughout the past year. For showing generosity by giving time, money, staff/volunteers, facilities, among other things for community benefit, setting an example for other organizations in the community, supporting the Chamber, and being a leader in the organization as well as the community. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2020.
4. YOU MADE IT HAPPEN 2020 – Given to a person, business or organization who, through exceptional contributions and/or commitment, positively affected the growth of the Grayling/Crawford County community over the past year by implementing one specific event, service, project or idea (i.e. fundraiser, community event, etc).
5. LONGEVITY AWARD 2020 – To a business that has withstood the test of time, has sincere relationships with their employees and their customers, has helped make an economic impact in Crawford County, and continues to help our community thrive. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2020.
6. CITIZEN OF THE YEAR 2020 – To the person who has given of themselves to make Crawford County a "Great Place to Live!” The Citizen of the Year is one of the highest honors bestowed by the Chamber. The person, who goes above and beyond the call of duty, is always there when someone needs a hand, and who has contributed to make Crawford County a special place. The purpose of the Citizen of the Year Award is to recognize those who contribute and give back to their community. The nominee may be recognized for contributions made during the previous year or over the course of a lifetime. When nominating someone, please consider the following criteria: diversity of activities, length of service, degree of involvement, and the impact to Crawford County.
***Previous Winners from the last five years are not eligible for nomination for 2020 and are listed below***
KIRK WAKEFIELD SERVICE PERSON OF THE YEAR
BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
Old AuSable Fly Shop * Jack Millikin Inc * Rolling Oak Brewing Co. * Matt LaFontaine Automotive * Upper Lakes Tire of Grayling
ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR
Grayling Promotional Association * Crawford County Commission on Aging and Senior Center * Rotary Club of Grayling
YOU MADE IT HAPPEN
Rebecca Knepper * Butch Weaver * Viking Pantry * Grayling Youth Booster Club * Tom Cojocar
Flowers by Josie * The Medicine Shoppe
CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
Gail Swope * Sheryl Coyne * Chad Patterson * Kirk Wakefield * Kevin Jansen